Subject: bug#6896: closed (Re: bug#6896: In KDE window size changes when starting gnus)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:07:03 +0000

Your bug report

#6896: In KDE window size changes when starting gnus

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6896: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6896
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6896: In KDE window size changes when starting gnus
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 13:06:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

> If you still use Emacs and have access to its current trunk/master can
> you please try your recipe again and tell us whether this issue is still
> virulent?

Closing this bug.

martin

Subject: In KDE window size changes when starting gnus
From: Ole Streicher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:05:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 23.1.1

(x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) of 2010-03-29 on yellow,
modified by Debian)

When the toolbar is enabled, starting gnus changes the window size of
emacs. This happens even if the window was maximized, leaving the
"Maximized" state of the emacs window. Window manager tested was the KDE
windowmaanager of KDE 4.5. When I switch off the toolbar, this does not
happen.

Also, the window size is not remembered after gnus was started; the
window then has some artificial (small) size like 10x10 characters.