Subject: bug#68947: 30.0.50; Gnus article mode keybindings

From: Pranshu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 18:29:30 +1000

Recipe from emacs -q:
1. M-x gnus
2. Select any group
3. Select a random article
4. do `W C-h' or C-h m

W C-h simply does not work while C-h m works, but does not show the
bound keys.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-02-02 built on localhost
Repository revision: d89e427852a63dbeed3d5e03d9deb2ae9a8e3e1b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  winner-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  hyperbole-mode: t
  pranshu-edit-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(help-fns radix-tree cl-print shadow mail-extr emacsbug warnings
cus-start kotl-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads auto-capitalize string-edit
gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-icalendar
org-capture icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs smtpmail gnus-dired
skeleton oc-bibtex wdired ls-lisp mandoura solar cal-dst holidays
holiday-loaddefs proced time winner esh-mode esh-var eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
standard-light-theme standard-themes ef-themes midnight so-long
elec-pair delsel icomplete savehist cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds find-file cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
htmlfontify cus-edit cus-load hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id klink
hib-kbd hib-debbugs hib-social hsys-www hypb-ert ert ewoc debug
backtrace hactypes bookmark pp hui-mini hui hui-mouse hmouse-key hargs
hsys-org org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs hmouse-tag etags
fileloop generator xref project find-func hmouse-info info hui-menu
hyrolo-menu hyrolo sort hui-jmenu hpath tramp trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete format-spec
tramp-loaddefs noutline outline icons hmouse-sh hmouse-drv hui-window
pulse color hycontrol hui-select hsettings hui-em-but hbut view hbdata
hgnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus comp-run comp-common rx xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range wid-edit hsmail message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader hmail htz cal-julian cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap
hmoccur help-mode browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mailcap hvar hypb locate hact
hhist compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring set
hversion hload-path dired-preview dired dired-loaddefs vundo subr-x
derived which-key pcase easy-mmode cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 469885 55947) (symbols 48 32456 6)
 (strings 32 107154 4415) (string-bytes 1 3980293) (vectors 16 48711)
 (vector-slots 8 596940 34765) (floats 8 1009 9235)
 (intervals 56 653 0) (buffers 984 16))