Subject: Re: [bug#68946] [PATCH v2] guix: Add logging module.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2024 11:57:04 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 24 Feb 2024 at 12:44, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I understand the concern, but I think to be able to trace execution
>> easily at run time with a simple `--log-level=debug' would provide value
>> enough (as a developer aid) to justify it.
>
> Again, I lack imagination; where would you use it today?
>
> I think we should only add this facility once it has at least one user.
> Otherwise people using ‘--log-level’ would be disappointed.  :-)

I propose a candidate: guix pull. ;-) See:

        toward a plan? (was Re: Reducing "You found a bug" reports)
        Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
        Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:51:09 +0200
        id:[email-masked]
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-09
        https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Cheers,
simon