Subject: bug#68930: 30.0.50; Emacs conflates C-Ω and C-ω

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 22:16:53 +0800

Alexander Prähauser <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here is the overall keyboard config I'm using, just in case. I'm using
> Dual Function Keys to place modifiers, for lower-case Greek letters on
> the E key and the 9 key and for uppercase Greek letters on Tab and
> Rightbrace, and the xkb file is called Daselt, because that's what I
> called the overall layout.

I tried to replicate your configuration as best I could, since several
keys are absent from my keyboard that are required to activate the 4th
and 7th shift levels exactly as you describe, but to no avail: typing
Ctrl+Ω and Ctrl+ω continue to register as C-ω.  Last we heard, it wasn't
possible for you to compile Emacs from source.  If that has changed,
please build Emacs with xterm.c instrumented thus:

diff --git a/src/xterm.c b/src/xterm.c
index c8a43785564..5d4acb8f77b 100644
--- a/src/xterm.c
+++ b/src/xterm.c
@@ -24180,6 +24180,7 @@ handle_one_xevent (struct x_display_info *dpyinfo,
 						       copy_bufptr,
 						       copy_bufsiz,
 						       &overflow);
+			  fprintf (stderr, "xkbtranslatekeysym produced: %td\n", nbytes);
 			  if (overflow)
 			    {
 			      copy_bufptr

then type each of the two keystrokes once, and send us the two lines
printed.  Thanks.