Subject: bug#68929: [PATCH] Copy which-key from GNU ELPA into core

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 08:16:48 +0200

> From: Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 22:01:05 +0000
> 
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Two spaces between sentences in comments and doc strings, here and
> > elsewhere.
> 
> OK.  Related point - This is not in the Elisp manual "Tips for
> documentation strings", is it worth a patch for this?

That section is not specific to the Emacs development.  Our
conventions, which are specific to the Emacs development project, are
in CONTRIBUTE.

> > Please add a :version tag to all defcustom's and defface's.
> 
> I cannot locate this in the elisp manual, Appendix D "Tips and
> conventions", or in the defcustom and defface sections, should this be
> documented and how?

It's already documented in CONTRIBUTE.  Again, other Lisp programs out
there are free not to follow these guidelines (and, in fact, :version
might not have any useful effect in 3rd party packages), it is our own
convention whose purpose is to help "M-x customize-changed" do its job
well.