Subject: bug#68929: [PATCH] Copy which-key from GNU ELPA into core

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 08:09:29 +0200

> From: Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 21:53:55 +0000
> 
> Is there a natural place in the Emacs manual (Perhaps "Other Help
> Commands"?) to add a new section on M-x which-key? WDYT?

Will the section be very long?  How long?

If it's not very long, I think the right place is in "Key Help",
perhaps as a separate subsection below it.  Also, I think which-key
should be briefly mentioned in "Display Custom", where echo-keystrokes
is described.

If the section about which-key you envision is supposed to be long and
detailed, perhaps it would be better to have a separate manual with
all that stuff, whereas the Emacs user manual should have only a short
description of the main features, and a cross-reference to the
separate manual.