Subject: [Hanno Perrey] [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:42:52 -0500

Package: elpa

(Moving this also from emacs-devel.)

I think we still have to add org-jami-bot.  Are there any blockers, or
is it ready to go in?

-------------------- Start of forwarded message --------------------
From: Hanno Perrey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 12:21:42 +0100

Hej,

I would like to propose two tightly-coupled packages for inclusion into
ELPA: jami-bot and org-jami-bot.

jami-bot is an extendable chat bot for the distributed, private
messenger Jami. It interacts with the locally-installed Jami daemon via
D-Bus and reacts to both plain text messages and file transfers sent to
local accounts.

org-jami-bot builds upon jami-bot and extends it with Org mode capture
functionality for text messages and images. It allows to schedule agenda
items at specific dates, compose multi-measure captures and capture
images -- all by sending a message via the GNU Jami messenger.

I would like to keep maintaining both packages at their current
repositories:

- https://gitlab.com/hperrey/jami-bot
- https://gitlab.com/hperrey/org-jami-bot

I have signed the copyright paperwork with the FSF already and changed
the copyright in the respective files for both packages.

As this is the first time I am proposing a package for ELPA, any
guidance on the process and feedback would be highly welcome!

Thanks and cheers,
Hanno

--
Hanno Perrey
https://hoowl.se

-------------------- End of forwarded message --------------------