Subject: bug#68915: Request to include a couple of packages in GNU ELPA

From: Rahguzar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 22:33:33 +0100

Hi Stefan

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> The better solution is to send a patch for `bytecomp.el`, of course, but
>>> in this specific case you could workaround the problem with something
>>> like the (guaranteed 100% untested) patch below.  It's not very pretty,
>>> so I recommend you look into that `bytecomp.el` patch 🙂.
>> That will probably require some CS education :)
>
> My job is to provide that, so you're at the right place.

Great! An item has been added to my post retirement aspirations :)

>> I am not a coder by trade rather an aspiring academic in
>> another field.
>
> No worries: nowadays a CS education can be put to good use in pretty
> much all fields.
>
>
>         Stefan

I believe I have taken care of most of the feedback from you and Philip
including gitignore and elpaignore files.

I think copyright stuff is also taken care of and I have removed "not"
from

;; This file is part of GNU Emacs.

line.

I will try to improve the let over lambda parts too but probably after
sometime.

Thanks for suggestions,
Rahguzar