Subject: [bug#68891] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-org-board: Update to 1138-2.500fe02.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:52:46 +0100

Hello,

Cayetano Santos via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> When one installs emacs-org-board, wget2-2.1.0 gets installed along with
> it as for emacs-substitute-variables, as you say, and the variable
> org-board-wget-program is bound to this hardcoded value.

Correct.

> Once one decides to upgrade wget2 to something different (say, in a
> different profile), this logic breaks. User needs to manually bind
> org-board-wget-program to whatever wget2 is after upgrading. At this
> point, wget2 becomes a native-input requirement.

This is not correct. No action is required from the user.
`org-board-wget-program' still points to the wget program defined as an
input to emacs-org-board, and will still be used at run time.

Of course, the user still can point `org-board-wget-program' to their
new and shiny wget binary, but this is not required.

I also suggest to keep wget (or wget2) as an input and use
`emacs-substitute-variables'.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou