Subject: Re: [bug#68891] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-org-board: Update to 1138-2.500fe02.

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:18:02 +0100

>mar. 13 févr. 2024 at 11:21, Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for the patch, these changes around wget/wget2 look confusing to
> me though.
>
> The reason for the emacs-substitute-variables bit is to allow wget to
> just be an input rather than a propagated input, but you're making wget2
> a propagated input here. This change and the motivation behind it is
> also missing from the commit message.

When one installs emacs-org-board, wget2-2.1.0 gets installed along with
it as for emacs-substitute-variables, as you say, and the variable
org-board-wget-program is bound to this hardcoded value.

Once one decides to upgrade wget2 to something different (say, in a
different profile), this logic breaks. User needs to manually bind
org-board-wget-program to whatever wget2 is after upgrading. At this
point, wget2 becomes a native-input requirement.

Please, correct me if I’m wrong.

Cayetano