Subject: bug#6889: alt-q changed behavior in LaTeX mode with comments

From: Pietro Belotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:30:47 -0400

Hello.

I have been using emacs for a while, and there seems to be one change 
that is giving me some trouble with LaTeX documents: in previous 
versions of Emacs, when justifying text after a comment, the text got 
justified without being commented. That is, if the cursor is on "bar" in 
the following text:

% foo
bar

and I hit Alt-Q, nothing happens (I just verified it on Emacs 21.4.1). 
On my new laptop, with Emacs 23.1.1, the result of the same operation 
would be

% foo bar

which is not what I wanted since I just wanted to justify the text from 
"bar" on. If I separate the two initial lines, clearly this doesn't 
happen, but it would also create a new paragraph. I was wondering if 
this is a feature or if there is any way to have it behave as it used to.

Thanks very much in advance.
Regards,
Pietro Belotti

-- 
Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634
Phone: 864-656-6765
Email: [email-masked]
Web:   http://myweb.clemson.edu/~pbelott