Subject: bug#68881: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Field properties confuse 'outline-minor-mode'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:07:47 +0200

> Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 13:14:34 -0800
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 2/10/2024 11:23 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I don't understand what text directionality has to do with the issue
> > at hand.  If you elaborate, I could perhaps be of assistance in this
> > matter.
> 
> I think nothing in this case. I just wasn't sure initially whether 
> 'pos-bol' and 'line-beginning-position' handled directionality 
> differently. Since they handle it the same way, I think there's no harm 
> in using 'pos-bol' in this case.

They both go to the smallest buffer position of the line (modulo the
fields issue).  If an LTR line starts with RTL characters, that buffer
position will not be the leftmost one, but that's all.  (I don't think
we have a function to go to the position that is the leftmost on
display, probably because that was never needed.)