Subject: bug#68851: 30.0.50; Native comp: Optimization failure for org-element-property-raw: Handler: org-element-property-raw--inliner

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 12:02:56 +0000

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> `org-element--property-idx` is defined in that same file, indeed, but
>>> contrary to `defmacro`, `define-inline` does not make the function
>>> usable during that same file's compilation.
>> This is surprising. I would not mind compiler indicating this fact in
>> less cryptic way or, better, making `define-inline' usable during file's
>> compilation.
>
> The same error would be signaled if `org-element--property-idx` were
> defined with `defun`, and `define-inline` is another way to define
> a function, so I thought it would make sense to make them
> behave similarly.

I see the logic.
Although, I am very surprised that `batch-byte-recompile-directory' does
not trigger the error. So, something is off somewhere in the
compilation. If not in `batch-byte-compile' then in
`batch-byte-recompile-directory'.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>