Subject: bug#68851: 30.0.50; Native comp: Optimization failure for org-element-property-raw: Handler: org-element-property-raw--inliner

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:50:42 +0000

Hello,

I just stumbled upon strange native compiler warning after defining the
following inliner:

(define-inline org-element--property-idx (property)
  "Return standard property index or nil."
  (declare (pure t))
  (inline-letevals (property)
    (plist-get
     org-element--standard-properties-idxs
     (inline-const-val property))))

⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-property-raw: Handler: org-element-property-raw--inliner

This is on the latest Org mode main branch.

This looks like a bug unless I misunderstand something about inlined functions.

⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-property-raw: Handler: org-element-property-raw--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-property-raw: Handler: org-element-property-raw--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-property: Handler: org-element-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-property: Handler: org-element-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner
⛔ Warning (comp): Warning: Optimization failure for org-element-put-property: Handler: org-element-put-property--inliner

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.39, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-01-30 built on localhost
Repository revision: 9de29fb5b0396cb3929bd5668604fda076ca5ec4
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure JAVAC=/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm/bin/javac'

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>