Subject: bug#68831: gnu: torbrowser: noscript gets picked up by icecat

From: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:13:17 -0300

Hi Clément,

qua 31 jan 2024 às 03:19:26 (1706681966), [email-masked] enviou:
> Hello André,
> 
> I thought about it, and I even started working on a fix.  But I stopped
> working on it because I thought it added too much complexity for too
> little gain.  See:
> 
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68298

Oh, I had missed that, I'm sorry for the noise. I had checked guix-bug
only before submitting this report.

> The default for Tor Browser and Mullvad Browser is that extensions are
> not working because tabs are private.  Now if a user uses both Icecat
> and Tor Browser and want a different set of extensions for each of them,
> they can use 'guix shell', which works perfectly well.  (They can also
> still add extensions to the Firefox profile.)  Having 4 versions of each
> extension seems cumbersome.

I concur to your reasoning, it's easy for users to avoid it if they do
care. You may close this as wontfix.

Cheers,

André