Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: libxft: Update to 2.3.8

From: "msglm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 17:13:44 -0500

>misses the update of the hash.
Oops! Sorry about that.

I'm trying to update that now on my end, and im getting a lot of errors
relating to finding a mirror. Can you confirm this is happening on your
end as well?

error exmaples:
download failed "http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/x.org/individual/lib/libXft-2.3.8.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"

Starting download of /gnu/store/lcqg1f8z9y86amrpim5j5gci7s94ldd4-libXft-2.3.8.tar.bz2
>From http://xorg.mirrors.pair.com/individual/lib/libXft-2.3.8.tar.bz2...
In procedure connect*: Connection timed out

I do know that libxft tarballs live here as well:
https://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/lib/libXft-2.3.8.tar.gz

I don't know if you would be opinionated on changing the source link if
you can reproduce the problem i'm having.

>this should be applied on a separate branch.
I'm new to email-based patches, would I just make a new branch in my
local repo and then make a patch targeting it? Or is there something
else I may need to do.

On Fri Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 AM CDT, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this patch cannot be applied because it misses the update of the hash.
>
> As the upgrade would require thousands of rebuilds, this change should
> be applied on a separate branch.