Subject: Possible solution

From: Gabriele Nicolardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 20:56:12 +0100

Hi,

I checked the value of the font-lock-keywords variable and found:

```lang-el

("\\\(ProvidesFile\|href\|nolinkurl\|path\|url\) \(\[[^]]\] 
\){\(\(?:[^{}\]\|\\.\|{[^}]}\)+\)" 3 'tex-verbatim t)

```

If I use this command to add fontification:

```lang-el

(font-lock-add-keywords nil 
'(("\\\(ProvidesFile\|href\|nolinkurl\|path\|url\) \(\[[^]]\] 
\){\(\(?:[^{}\]\|\\.\|{[^}]}\)+\)" 3 'tex-verbatim keep)))

```

the problem disappears.

 From the manual, I read:

The last two values in subexp-highlighter, override and laxmatch, are 
optional flags. If override is |t|, this element can override existing 
fontification made by previous elements of |font-lock-keywords|. If it 
is |keep|, then each character is fontified if it has not been fontified 
already by some other element. If it is |prepend|, the face specified by 
facespec is added to the beginning of the |font-lock-face| property. If 
it is |append|, the face is added to the end of the |font-lock-face| 
property.

So I think that "keep" should be the right choice.