Subject: bug#68811: build hash inconsistency

From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:25:09 -0800

Hi Josselin,

Alas, the problem persists ~.~

Device A:
~ $ guix time-machine --commit=deeb7d1f53d7ddfa977b3eadd760312bbd0a2509 -- build qtwebengine --derivations --system=aarch64-linux --no-grafts --dry-run
/gnu/store/gnrk76mlrv3ipm2k3lpmy1533mn9dqc3-qtwebengine-6.5.2.drv

Device B:
~ $ guix time-machine --commit=deeb7d1f53d7ddfa977b3eadd760312bbd0a2509 -- build qtwebengine --derivations --system=aarch64-linux --no-grafts --dry-run
/gnu/store/qpb6d1qqx357rkydk0xv6ail6b9dcqs6-qtwebengine-6.5.2.drv

The fact that Device A finds substitutes for nearly everything while
Device B doesn't makes me think that B is "wrong".  Device A is a 3GiB
RAM Librem 5 (made in China), and Device B is a 4GiB RAM Liberty Phone
(made in USA).  (Maybe US backdoor bots need to up their stealth game?)
You can find info on how I set up guix at
https://zacchae.us/guix-usd.org, specifically the section "Setting up
guix home"

-Zacchae

PS - I see your response on issues.guix.gnu.org, but didn't get an
email.  I thought submitting bugs automatically subscribed me?