Subject: bug#68804: closed (Re: bug#68804: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 03:46:01 +0000

Your bug report

#68804: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68804: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68804
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68804: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 19:45:44 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Lin Jian <[email-masked]> writes:

> After commit e5348f125ff03ac70713e5b227f9e51f759a587b on
> 2020-12-14, there is no ExecStop in etc/emacs.service.
>
> So there is no need to use sed to substitute emacsclient for the
> ExecStop key.
>
> I propose a patch to remove this unneeded sed command.

Thanks for the patch, and sorry for the delay in reviewing it.

Installed on master as commit 9e3359475f1.  I'm consequently closing
this bug report.

Subject: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:19:09 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

After commit e5348f125ff03ac70713e5b227f9e51f759a587b on
2020-12-14, there is no ExecStop in etc/emacs.service.

So there is no need to use sed to substitute emacsclient for the
ExecStop key.

I propose a patch to remove this unneeded sed command.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/mzdvpxzkhlryxmbxwbih7bgvkzkw1ly7-emacs-29.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-native-compilation
 --without-imagemagick --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2 --without-xwidgets'

>From 665c80556750d15ad6ce988078a38c0964bacbf6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:12:43 +0800
Subject: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service

After commit e5348f125ff03ac70713e5b227f9e51f759a587b on
2020-12-14, there is no ExecStop in etc/emacs.service.
* Makefile.in (install-etc): Remove an unneeded sed command for
etc/emacs.service.

Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes
---
 Makefile.in | 2 --
 1 file changed, 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Makefile.in b/Makefile.in
index 996f7b8d8c7..57df948a397 100644
--- a/Makefile.in
+++ b/Makefile.in
@@ -873,11 +873,9 @@ install-etc:
 	rm -f $${tmp}
 	umask 022; $(MKDIR_P) "$(DESTDIR)$(systemdunitdir)"
 	tmp=etc/emacs.tmpservice; rm -f $${tmp}; \
-	client_name=`echo emacsclient | sed '$(TRANSFORM)'`${EXEEXT}; \
 	sed -e '/^##/d' \
 	  -e "/^Documentation/ s/emacs(1)/${EMACS_NAME}(1)/" \
 	  -e "/^ExecStart/ s|emacs|${bindir}/${EMACS}|" \
-	  -e "/^ExecStop/ s|emacsclient|${bindir}/$${client_name}|" \
 	  ${srcdir}/etc/emacs.service > $${tmp}; \
 	$(INSTALL_DATA) $${tmp} "$(DESTDIR)$(systemdunitdir)/${EMACS_NAME}.service"; \
 	rm -f $${tmp}
-- 
2.42.0