Subject: Re: bug#68803: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 15:49:01 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 21:07:18 -0800
> 
> Lin Jian <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I am surprised and happy to see my two trivial patches merged one year
> > after they were proposed.  Thank you, Stefan.
> >
> > BTW, do you have any suggestions about getting patches reviewed and
> > merged sooner?  One year for trivial patches to be merged seems a bit
> > long to me.
> 
> Fundamentally, the reason is that we just don't have enough people on
> board that are reviewing patches.  We are all volunteers and Emacs is a
> very large project.  This means that we sometimes miss things, or let
> them fall by the wayside, when we perhaps shouldn't have.

That is true, but I think in this particular case the main problem is
that we have zero people on board who know enough about these desktop
files and routinely review patches in that area.

IOW, the time it takes to review a patch depends on the relevant
expertise we have handy much more than on the number of people who
routinely review patches.  Patches in many other areas are reviewed
and acted upon within days.