Subject: bug#68803: closed (Re: bug#68803: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 03:54:02 +0000

Your bug report

#68803: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68803: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68803
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68803: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 19:53:36 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Lin Jian <[email-masked]> writes:

> Tags: patch
>
> After commit "From .desktop files, reuse a frame or start a new
> Emacs as required" on 2021-06-30, there are two emacsclient
> occurrences for the Exec key of etc/emacsclient.desktop.
>
> Before this change, only the first occurrence is substituted.
>
> I propose a patch to substitute all emacsclient occurrences.

Thanks for the patch, and sorry here also for the delay in reviewing.

Installed on master as commit a73a1e00523.  I'm consequently closing
this bug report.

Subject: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:15:51 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

After commit "From .desktop files, reuse a frame or start a new
Emacs as required" on 2021-06-30, there are two emacsclient
occurrences for the Exec key of etc/emacsclient.desktop.

Before this change, only the first occurrence is substituted.

I propose a patch to substitute all emacsclient occurrences.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/mzdvpxzkhlryxmbxwbih7bgvkzkw1ly7-emacs-29.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-native-compilation
 --without-imagemagick --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2 --without-xwidgets'

>From 69ea684a44e1619b3e89a2f2a7189713dfdc03ab Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:11:26 +0800
Subject: [PATCH] Substitute all emacsclient occurrences

After commit "From .desktop files, reuse a frame or start a new
Emacs as required" on 2021-06-30, there are two emacsclient
occurrences for the Exec key of etc/emacsclient.desktop.
Before this change, only the first occurrence is substituted.
* Makefile.in (install-etc): Substitute all emacsclient occurrences.

Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes
---
 Makefile.in | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Makefile.in b/Makefile.in
index 996f7b8d8c7..069f756bcf8 100644
--- a/Makefile.in
+++ b/Makefile.in
@@ -844,7 +844,7 @@ install-etc:
 	rm -f $${tmp}
 	tmp=etc/emacsclient.tmpdesktop; rm -f $${tmp}; \
 	client_name=`echo emacsclient | sed '$(TRANSFORM)'`${EXEEXT}; \
-	sed -e "/^Exec=/ s|emacsclient|${bindir}/$${client_name}|" \
+	sed -e "/^Exec=/ s|emacsclient|${bindir}/$${client_name}|g" \
 	  -e "/^Icon=emacs/ s/emacs/${EMACS_NAME}/" \
 	  $(USE_STARTUP_NOTIFICATION_SED_CMD) \
 	  $(USE_WAYLAND_DISPLAY_SED_CMD) \
-- 
2.42.0