Subject: bug#6879: 24.0.50; Shouldn't word-wrap be safe as file local variable?

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:04:48 +0900

Currently the variable word-wrap is not considered as safe
when specified in Local Variables: section of a file.  But,
I see no risk in treating it as safe.  How about this patch?
It is for the trunk code, but perhaps it should go to
emacs-23 branch too.

=== modified file 'lisp/files.el'
--- lisp/files.el	2010-07-31 15:46:58 +0000
+++ lisp/files.el	2010-08-18 06:00:32 +0000
@@ -2782,6 +2782,7 @@
 	(no-update-autoloads     . booleanp)
 	(tab-width               . integerp)   ;; C source code
 	(truncate-lines          . booleanp)   ;; C source code
+	(word-wrap               . booleanp)   ;; C source code
 	(bidi-display-reordering . booleanp))) ;; C source code
 
 (put 'bidi-paragraph-direction 'safe-local-variable

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-08-09 on etlken
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--enable-asserts' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Source file `/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el' newer than byte-compiled file
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup-utils hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup-utils
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup-vars hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup-vars
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndkks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndkks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/stem-english hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/stem-english
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/sdicf hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/sdicf
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndict hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndict
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup-content hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup-content
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndspell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndspell
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndeb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndeb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup-types hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup-types
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndsrd hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndsrd
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndcookie hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndcookie
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup-select hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/lookup-select
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndic hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndic
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/ndtp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/lookup/ndtp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/leim-list hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/leim/leim-list
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg-parse hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg-parse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/sha1 hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/sha1
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg-gpg hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg-gpg
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/hex-util hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/hex-util
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg-pgp hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg-pgp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg-def hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg-def
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/pgg-pgp5
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/hmac-def hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/hmac-md5 hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/sasl-digest hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/sasl-cram hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/sasl hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/smtpmail hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/mail/smtpmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mail/feedmail hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/mail/feedmail
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/thai hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/language/thai
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/egg/its/greek hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/language/greek
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/rmail-mime/mime/smime hides /usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/gnus/smime
/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/language/thai-word hides ~/emacslisp/thai-word
/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/textmodes/tex-mode hides ~/emacslisp/tex-mode
/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/textmodes/table hides ~/emacslisp/table
/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax hides ~/emacslisp/syntax
/usr/local/work/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/prolog hides ~/emacslisp/prolog

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug package time
sendmail regexp-opt rmail-sa rmailsum rmail mail-utils
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr japan-util
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
emacs)