Subject: 29.1; fancy-startup-text help string is inaccurate

From: Christopher Yeleighton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 22:38:10 +0000

(let*
((text (car fancy-startup-text))
(string-or-face (nth #o3 text))
(maybe-face (nth #o2 text)))
(if
(or
(stringp string-or-face)
(eq :face string-or-face)
(eq :face maybe-face))
nil
(error
"Found an unexpected element [%s] in the 1st fancy start-up text list.
It is not a FACE because [%s] is not [%s]."
string-or-face
maybe-face
:face)))
C-x C-e

 > if: Found an unexpected element [:link] in the 1st fancy start-up 
text list.
 > It is not a FACE because [Welcome to ] is not [:face].

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.17.8)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--with-tree-sitter --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo
--disable-build-details --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
--with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
-mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
-fcf-protection -g
-ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: pl_PL.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
outline-minor-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: (only . t)
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(gnutls network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth eww xdg
url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom mm-url gnus
nnheader range wid-edit tutorial compose cus-start cus-load
display-line-numbers xref project lpr thai-util thai-word repeat
mailalias mailclient textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check facemenu shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug
message yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap mule-util info tar-mode
arc-mode archive-mode sh-script rx smie treesit executable files-x
conf-mode shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs noutline outline icons two-column kmacro debug
backtrace find-func face-remap shortdoc text-property-search cl-extra
cl-print erc-lang erc-goodies erc iso8601 auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json map pp format-spec erc-backend
erc-networks byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile erc-common erc-compat
erc-loaddefs thingatpt help-fns radix-tree jka-compr misearch
multi-isearch time-date subr-x rfc1345 quail help-mode cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 562893 66057)
(symbols 48 29963 22)
(strings 32 156709 5018)
(string-bytes 1 3350397)
(vectors 16 69614)
(vector-slots 8 2050911 132687)
(floats 8 143 402)
(intervals 56 22273 1269)
(buffers 984 29))