Subject: 29.2; occur edit mode not updating font lock

From: Pranshu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 22:35:21 +1000

Emacs is not updating the font colors when changes are made in occur
edit-mode.
Recpie from emacs -q:
1. go to scratch buffer
2. copy the following text
--------
;; test
rest
;; test
rest
-------
2. M-s o test RET e to go to occur edit mode
3. M-% ;; RET RET !  to uncomment all

Now, in the scratch buffer the colours have not been refreshed.

I think adding a hook to the function that modifies the code in occur
should fix it.

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.40,
cairo version 1.18.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --with-tree-sitter --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo
 --disable-build-details --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  winner-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  hyperbole-mode: t
  pranshu-edit-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr quail emacsbug help-fns radix-tree misearch
multi-isearch hippie-exp cus-start kotl-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
auto-capitalize string-edit gnus-search eieio-opt cl-extra speedbar
ezimage dframe gnus-icalendar org-capture icalendar diary-lib
diary-loaddefs smtpmail gnus-dired wdired ls-lisp mandoura solar cal-dst
holidays holiday-loaddefs proced time winner esh-mode eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat
erc-loaddefs ef-cyprus-theme standard-themes ef-themes midnight so-long
elec-pair delsel icomplete savehist cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs find-file calc-embed calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs
tex-font font-latex tex-bar toolbar-x context plain-tex preview latex
edmacro kmacro latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt
tex-ispell tex-style tex crm texmathp tex-site htmlfontify cus-edit
cus-load hyperbole hinit hibtypes hib-doc-id klink hib-kbd hib-debbugs
hib-social hsys-www hypb-ert ert ewoc debug backtrace hactypes bookmark
pp hui-mini hui hui-mouse hmouse-key hargs hsys-org org-element
org-persist xdg org-id org-refile avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs hmouse-tag etags fileloop
generator xref project find-func hmouse-info info hui-menu hyrolo-menu
hyrolo sort hui-jmenu hpath tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete format-spec
noutline outline icons hmouse-sh hmouse-drv hui-window pulse color
hycontrol hui-select hsettings hui-em-but hbut view hbdata hgnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range wid-edit hsmail message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader hmail
htz cal-julian cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hbmap hmoccur help-mode
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
eieio eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars mailcap hvar hypb locate hact hhist compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring set hversion
hload-path dired-preview dired dired-loaddefs lorem-ipsum vundo cl-seq
cl-macs gv subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib pcase easy-mmode derived rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 515284 58230)
 (symbols 48 39215 0)
 (strings 32 126851 4899)
 (string-bytes 1 3896990)
 (vectors 16 69956)
 (vector-slots 8 1504392 274921)
 (floats 8 823 531)
 (intervals 56 1984 478)
 (buffers 984 19))