Subject: Re: bug#68781: [PATCH] Don't fill yaml except comments and block scalars.

From: Rudolf Schlatte <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:15:34 +0100

Graham Marlow <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Hello Randy, thanks for having a look! Could you tell me which
>> tree-sitter grammar you are using? I'm asking because with the grammar
>> from https://github.com/ikatyang/tree-sitter-yaml I don't see what you
>> describe.
>
> For the record I'm also using this grammar.
>
> Looking at the patch, what do you think about retaining the existing behavior
> (so block_scalars still fill correctly) while inhibiting fill_paragraph for
> everything else as suggested? Originally I retained the existing behavior of
> fill-paragraph just to limit the number of things changed by the patch, not
> because it was working properly. I think blocking the call to fill-paragraph
> for non-block/comment nodes makes sense.

I'm suddenly a bit stressed for time and can't investigate properly for
the next few days why my proposed patch misbehaves under some
circumstances..  And your patch fixes the misbehavior with a minimum of
changes, so I think it's the one that should go in.

Thanks to both of you for working on this!