Subject: bug#68765: 30.0.50; Adding window-tool-bar package.

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 20:25:01 -0700

On 2024-05-19 07:41, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> Jared Finder <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> Is there anything else that needs to be done to get this package on
>> ELPA?  I'd like to use this package on older Emacsen as well.
> 
> It just has to be added to ELPA, but that is a one-line patch to
> elpa.git.  Here is the tarball I generated locally:
> 
> 
> 
> Can you confirm that it looks alright and works on older systems (use
> M-x package-install-file)?

Confirmed, just tested it! It worked fine on Emacs 29.1 the package's 
minimum supported version.

>>> 
>>> Is there anything else that needs to be done to get this package on
>>> ELPA?  I'd like to use this package on older Emacsen as well.
>> 
>> Philip will tell, but what I meant was to ask you to work on updates
>> for NEWS and the manual.
> 
> Where will the package be documented?  Should anything be added to the
> ELPA package?

I was hoping documentation could just stay in the core Emacs manual.  
window-tool-bar is a core package and I was hoping to document it next 
to existing documentation on the existing (frame) tool bar.  Does that 
seem reasonable?

   -- MJF