Subject: bug#68765: 30.0.50; Adding window-tool-bar package.

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 14:38:39 -0800

On 2024-02-10 09:25, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> * lisp/tab-line.el (tab-line-format-template): Add separator space.
>>> (tab-line-display-order): New user variable to control display order.
>>> (tab-line--runtime-display-order, tab-line--cookie): New internal
>>> variables.
>>> (tab-line-set-display): New function for modes to call to enable only
>>> their content.
>>> (tab-line-mode): Call `tab-line-set-display'.
>> 
>> Juri, would you please review this part of the changeset?
> 
> I'm not sure if this provides a clean interface.
> Have you tried to show both window-tool-bar and tab-line tabs
> on the same tab-line?  Do you think this combination is usable?
> Or maybe better just repurpose the tab-line in window-tool-bar.el
> exclusively for window-local tool-bar?

The implementation I provided works fine for me with both 
window-tool-bar-mode and tab-line-mode enabled as long as there are not 
too many tabs.  I could see further adding a way to specify the max 
width tabs are able to take up if you think that's necessary.

   -- MJF