Subject: Re: bug#68748: cuirass is not reproducible

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:52:05 -0800

On 2024-01-26, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Building cuirass with 'guix build --no-grafts --check -K cuirass' shows
>> it has differences.  Then running
>
> I think this is not particular to cuirass but more to any Guile package.
> I've found similar issues with guile-git and mumi.  It seems Guile
> has either regressed or never supported byte compiling reproducibly?

This looks very much like:

  https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/issues/unstable/nondeterministic_ordering_in_guile_binaries_issue.html

Which links to several relevent issues in debian, nix, guix, and
opensuse:

  https://bugs.debian.org/995092
  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/78778
  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/20272
  https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/732638

live well,
  vagrant