Subject: Re: bug#6873: Parallel Port Printers

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:56:50 -0600

On 08/17/2010 07:06 AM, GERALD HOOPER wrote:
> I hava an Epson Stylus Photo 700 printer which is located on my
> parallel; port. UBUNTU only recognises printers located on the Serial
> Port and on the Network. Can you get Ubuntu to fix this problem as a
> matter of urgency because a computer without a printer is useless.

Thanks for the report.  You have reached the GNU Coreutils mailing list.
 The GNU Coreutils are the basic file, shell and text manipulation
utilities of the GNU Operating System.  You can learn more about GNU
Coreutils here:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/

The GNU Coreutils are part of the GNU Operating System.  You can learn
more about the GNU Project here:

  http://www.gnu.org/

But you are asking about printer support.  I am sorry but this is the
wrong mailing list.  We don't know anything about that here.  We are
unable to help you here.  You are more likely to get support for
printing on Ubuntu by contacting the Ubuntu support resources.

By the way, it would be helpful to let us know what led you to choose
this mailing address as the place to send your report, in case there is
some documentation that could be patched to prevent others from making
the same mistake.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org