Subject: 30.0.50; package-upgrade-all fails

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 23:30:22 -0500

I pulled from master on Jan 3.  I don't think I changed any files
except rmailsum.el (a change which I then installed on savannah).

M-x package-upgrade-all got this error.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents" "Not implemented")
  signal(file-error ("http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents" "Not implemented"))
  package--with-response-buffer-1("http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/" #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x10f9e89ff15533c5>) :file "archive-contents" :async nil :error-function #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x25e331dd4def6df>) :noerror nil)
  package--download-one-archive(("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/") "archive-contents" nil)
  package--download-and-read-archives(nil)
  run-hook-with-args(package--download-and-read-archives nil)
  package-refresh-contents()
  package-upgrade-all(t)
  funcall-interactively(package-upgrade-all t)
  call-interactively(package-upgrade-all record nil)
  command-execute(package-upgrade-all record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "package-upgrade-all" "package-upgrade-all")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "package-upgrade-all" "package-upgrade-all")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 2.24.32, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-01-02 built on freetop
Repository revision: 1c369263db826a02e01d4209c7b6b8617971c37c
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Aramo (11.0)

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBOTF
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: linux
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug add-log vc network-stream url-cache url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm rect display-line-numbers etags fileloop generator xref
format-spec battery dbus unrmail pcase project parse-time iso8601
vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util mhtml-mode css-mode eww xdg url-queue
mm-url gnus nnheader range wid-edit color js c-ts-common imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode facemenu compare-w novice conf-mode
pcmpl-unix cus-start cus-load vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher bug-reference warnings icons debug backtrace cl-print
find-func cl-extra shortdoc comp-common help-fns radix-tree sh-script
rx smie treesit executable ispell quail help-mode rmailkwd dabbrev
misearch multi-isearch mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml
dom qp rmailout epa-mail mailalias shell pcomplete thingatpt grep
compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring rmailmm message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 files-x dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view derived disp-table advice
rmailsum rmail rfc6068 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils finder-inf osm-autoloads info compat-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice
seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1014461 123788) (symbols 48 21765 24)
 (strings 32 132745 15838) (string-bytes 1 3041173) (vectors 16 76219)
 (vector-slots 8 1741408 147761) (floats 8 248 574)
 (intervals 56 102603 1090) (buffers 976 105))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)