Subject: bug#68723: closed (Re: bug#68723: Unmatched parenthesis in FAST-DEMO?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:17:03 +0000

Your bug report

#68723: Unmatched parenthesis in FAST-DEMO?

which was filed against the hyperbole package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
68723: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68723
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#68723: Unmatched parenthesis in FAST-DEMO?
From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Felix Lechner via Bug-hyperbole via <[email-masked]>, Mats Lidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 09:16:11 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Mats,

On Fri, Jan 26 2024, Mats Lidell wrote:

> you are using the latest stable release of Hyperbole, version 8?

I installed your package from ELPA, which looked like a release for
general availability.

> I checked the behavior in the latest development version and I could
> not recreate it there.

In that case, it's okay to ignore this report. I would, however,
recommend cutting a release when the time is right.

> Can you give that a try?

Unfortunately, I cannot. My Emacs hacking skills are limited. In
addition, I use EXWM, which makes restarts painful.

Closing this report for now. Thank you for your nifty piece of software!

Kind regards
Felix

Subject: Unmatched parenthesis in FAST-DEMO?
From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:26:42 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Today was my first day with Hyperbole. Thanks for providing such a neat
piece of software!

In the file FAST-DEMO, I activated the button <emacs-lisp-mode> [1] in
the section entitled "Many More Implicit Button Types to Learn Across
Time."  I was directed to the second line here [2] due to an unmatched
parenthesis:

    <find-file-other-window (expand-file-name "DEMO" hyperb:dir)>
    <hpath:find "${hyperb:dir}/DEMO")>
    "${hyperb:dir}/DEMO"

The issue appears to be the regular closing parenthesis after
"${hyperb:dir}/DEMO".

I know very little about Emacs but hope this information is in good
hands here. Thanks!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hyperbole.git/tree/FAST-DEMO#n335
[2] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hyperbole.git/tree/FAST-DEMO#n321