Subject: Re: [bug#68716] [PATCH gnome-team v4 1/7] gnu: Split gnome into more meta-packages.

From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 08:50:35 +0100

Hello,

Le vendredi 16 février 2024 à 21:08 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a
écrit :
> > > +     "GNOME is the graphical desktop for GNU.  It includes a
> > > wide
> > > variety of
> > 
> > I think it's misleading to associate GNOME with GNU at this point
> > in
> > time.  They aren't even a GNU project anymore.
> I took the synopsis and description of the existing GNOME package. 
> Feel free to suggest an alternative.
Here is my suggestion:

GNOME is a graphical desktop environment.  It includes a wide variety
of applications with a common interface for browsing the web, editing
text and images, creating documents and diagrams, playing media,
scanning, and much more.  It also provides libraries and tools to help
write such applications.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Vivien