Subject: Re: bug#68687: [PATCH] Use text/org media type

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 09:15:18 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 22:40:06 -0500
> 
>   > It may or may not depending on user customization `mm-inline-media-tests'.
>   > Just like with text/html, application/javascript, text/x-sh, images,
>   > etc.
> 
> I looked at the definition of that option, and at the function
> `mm-display-inline-fontify' that it calls.  That function is
> nontrivial, so I can't tell, in a short time, what it does and doesn't
> do.

AFAIU, that function copies a portion of buffer text to a temporary
buffer, determines the correct major-mode for that text, then invokes
that major-mode and fontifies the text according to that mode, and
finally copies the fontified text back into the original buffer.