Subject: bug#68687: [PATCH] Use text/org media type

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 14:00:37 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The spec is still not fully finalized, so we are not yet initiating the
>> registration, as we will need to repeat it again if we decide to make
>> further changes (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6838.html#section-5.5)
>
> I hope the process of finalizing the Org spec and moving to its
> registration will not fall between the cracks.

No worries. We are slowly working on the spec. See
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/log/master/item/org-syntax.org

But finalizing the whole thing will not be fast, given our plans to
extend Org mode syntax to better suit software manuals as requested by
RMS, and to address several long-standing issues with escaping edge
cases.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>