Subject: bug#68684: [PATCH] dictonary.el documentation

From: Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:20:34 +0100

Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" wrote:

> I find that a surprising number of individuals cannot
> produce correctly formatted entries on the first attempt.
> Is the layout of our documentation part of the problem?

Reason one, that format isn't the cleanest one.

Compare to a really clean format, Bibtex, you see how really
clean it can be.

@book{operating-system-concepts,
  author    = {Abraham Silberschatz and Peter B Galvin},
  edition   = {4th},
  isbn      = {0-201-59292-4},
  pages     = {780},
  publisher = {Addison-Wesley},
  title     = {Operating System Concepts},
  year      = {1994}
}

Reason two is with 'git commit -a' you get a new Emacs
instance which is stressful and annoying and you don't have
everything you had one second ago which is even more annoying
as that is exactly what you need right now in the new
instance, so you often type it all manually which is even more
annoying if you have already typed it or something similar
many times under the same miserable regime.

-- 
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal