Subject: [bug#68676] [PATCH v2] gnu: torbrowser: Update to 13.0.9.

From: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 20:03:53 -0300

Hi Clément,

qui 25 jan 2024 às 01:32:16 (1706157136), [email-masked] enviou:
> * gnu/packages/gnuzilla.scm: Stop exporting ‘all-mozilla-locales’.
> * gnu/packages/tor.scm (mozilla-locale): New procedure copied from
> gnuzilla.scm.
> (mozilla-locales): New macro adapted from gnuzilla.scm.
> (%torbrowser-locales): Add sha256 and changeset for each locale and update
> them all.
> (%moz-build-date): Update to 20240123154553.

Just to be clear: we are not trying to mimic upstream here, right?
Upstream buildID is '20240115174022'. I have no web developing experience
so I'm not sure if this could be used to make guix users apart. From a
quick web search, I've found this two articles:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Navigator/buildID
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/Runtime/getBrowserInfo

Runing the command on the first one in the browser console I get back the
fixed mozilla buildID, not the one that is defined.

The second one appears to be only available to web extensions. At least I
could not run it on the console. I don't know if there are any tricks
that I may be missing to import those APIs and make them available. If
only available to installed extensions, it would be less of a concern to
me.

Other than that, everything looks good to me. Nice job on picking those
locale commit changes, I had missed them entirely.

Cheers,