Subject: bug#68660: 29.2; ELPA: Wrong type argument w. multiple maintainers in package-menu-mode

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 19:55:38 -0500

>> Its installable via `package-install`, but not from the
>> `package-menu-describe-package` because of this bug in that command.
>
> This indeed works interactively on Emacs 29. Thanks.
>
> However, ERC also supports versions 27 and 28. What's the recommended
> way for folks to upgrade on those Emacsen? The least gruesome thing I
> could conjure up is
>
>   (package-install (car (alist-get 'erc package-archive-contents)))

Do you mean that `package-install` won't work because the package is
already installed?  Hmm... yeah, that'd be a problem.

I can see several ways to "fix" this, but I think the simplest would be
to change

    ;; Maintainer: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>, F. Jason Park <[email-masked]>

into

    ;; Maintainer: [email-masked]

Would that be a problem?

        Stefan