Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/7] Cryptsetup woes

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 14:33:14 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm working on core-updates, trying to build gnome and the desktop
configuration example.  I've already pushed some fixes, but cryptsetup and
lvm2 are proving to be quite annoying: for the same reason as the recent mpv
patches [1], the Require.private fields of pkg-config files are actually used
even when dynamic linking [2].  This means we need to propagate some
transitive dependencies for users of the library, but here the packages also
contain binaries for end-users and we don't want to propagate to them.

So in the meantime, I just added some new functions
libdevmapper-propagated-inputs and libcryptsetup-propagated-inputs that I then
manually included in the dependents's inputs.  I am not satisfied by this, but
this is better than manually adding each needed transitive input, or
propagating to end-users.

Any ideas?

[1] mid:[email-masked]
[2] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=105572

Best,

Josselin Poiret (7):
  gnu: cryptsetup: Update to 2.6.1.
  gnu: Add libdevmapper-propagated-inputs.
  gnu: Add libcryptsetup-propagated-inputs.
  gnu: volume-key: Add required transitive dependencies.
  gnu: libblockdev: Add libcryptsetup propagated inputs.
  gnu: lvm2-static: Properly handle eudev dependency in pkg-config.
  gnu: cryptsetup-static: Fix static build.

 gnu/packages/cryptsetup.scm | 104 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 gnu/packages/disk.scm       |  46 ++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/linux.scm      |  42 +++++++++------
 3 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 81 deletions(-)

base-commit: a5735488d3917ccb95fa975385ff294c4e3b9521
-- 
2.41.0