Subject: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in keyboard.o and xselect.o

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:36:58 +0200

Hello!

Compilation of the X client (Xaw3d) fails with the message cited in  
the subject.

pete 234 /\ l src/{xselect.c,keyboard.c}
-rw-r--r-- 1 pete admin 383764 15. Aug 20:46 src/keyboard.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pete admin  94275 15. Aug 20:46 src/xselect.c
pete 235 /\ grep -n QPRIMARY src/{xselect.c,keyboard.c}
src/xselect.c:110:Lisp_Object QPRIMARY, QSECONDARY, QSTRING, QINTEGER,  
QCLIPBOARD, QTIMESTAMP,
src/xselect.c:257:  if (EQ (sym, QPRIMARY))   return XA_PRIMARY;
src/xselect.c:309:      return QPRIMARY;
src/xselect.c:2218:  if (EQ (selection, Qnil)) selection = QPRIMARY;
src/xselect.c:2249:  if (EQ (selection, Qnil)) selection = QPRIMARY;
src/xselect.c:2920:  /* QPRIMARY is defined in keyboard.c.  */
src/keyboard.c:371:Lisp_Object Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY, Qlazy;
src/keyboard.c:1803:		call2 (Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY,
src/keyboard.c:1806:		call2 (Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY,
src/keyboard.c:11719:  QPRIMARY = intern_c_string ("PRIMARY");
src/keyboard.c:11720:  staticpro (&QPRIMARY);

--
Greetings

   Pete

No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a  
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with  
timetables.
				– Archie Goodwin