Subject: bug#68636: 29.2.50; image-dired-tag-files: void-variable: image-dired-tags-db-file

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 14:15:40 +0100

0. cd "$(mktemp -d)"
1. HOME="${PWD}" XDG_CONFIG_HOME="${PWD}/.config" emacs
2. M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
3. C-x C-j
4. C-t t tag RET

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable image-dired-tags-db-file)
  image-dired-sane-db-file()
  image-dired-write-tags((("/tmp/tmp.1eZMyuItIz/.emacs.d" . "tag")))
  image-dired-tag-files(nil)
  funcall-interactively(image-dired-tag-files nil)
  call-interactively(image-dired-tag-files nil nil)
  command-execute(image-dired-tag-files)

This is a regression from Emacs 28.

Thanks,
-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 29.2.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-01-21 built on tia
Repository revision: c450eec07ff19953c8e1e75e99909d140db0e5d0
Repository branch: wt/emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb3' --prefix=/home/blc/.local
 --program-suffix=-29 --enable-checking=all
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-file-notification=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree
cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile debug backtrace help-mode
find-func image-dired-tags image-dired-util xdg dired-aux cl-loaddefs
cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs cus-start cus-load rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60433 5103)
 (symbols 48 7363 0)
 (strings 32 20619 2414)
 (string-bytes 1 560819)
 (vectors 16 12426)
 (vector-slots 8 179079 9816)
 (floats 8 30 34)
 (intervals 56 435 0)
 (buffers 984 13))