Subject: [PATCH] Downcase host name to match URL parsing behavior

From: Brad Howes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 11:05:26 +0100

Tags: patch

Tags: patch

Tags: patch

When using `comint-osc-process-output' to track directory changes, there
can be a failure to match host names due to inconsistent behavior
between `url-generic-parse-url' and `ansi-osc-directory-tracker. The
former applies `downcase' to the result extracted from the URL but the
latter does not.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2023-08-17 built on
armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.2.1

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'