Subject: bug#6863: closed (Re: bug#6863: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in nsselect.o and keyboard.o)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 06:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6863: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in nsselect.o and keyboard.o 

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6863: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6863
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6863: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in nsselect.o and keyboard.o
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 08:06:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing.

	Jan D.

Subject: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in nsselect.o and keyboard.o
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:20:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

Compilation of the NS variant fails the message cited in the subject.

pete 229 /\ l src/{nsselect.m,keyboard.c}
-rw-r--r-- 1 pete admin 383764 15. Aug 20:46 src/keyboard.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pete pete   18734 10. Aug 00:08 src/nsselect.m
pete 230 /\ grep -n QPRIMARY Quellen/Emacs_CVS/emacs-24/src/ 
{nsselect.m,keyboard.c}
src/nsselect.m:39:Lisp_Object QCLIPBOARD, QPRIMARY, QSECONDARY, QTEXT,  
QFILE_NAME;
src/nsselect.m:66:  if (EQ (sym, QPRIMARY))     return NXPrimaryPboard;
src/nsselect.m:79:    return QPRIMARY;
src/nsselect.m:447:  if (EQ (selection, Qnil)) selection = QPRIMARY;
src/nsselect.m:467:  if (EQ (selection, Qnil)) selection = QPRIMARY;
src/nsselect.m:555:  QPRIMARY   = intern ("PRIMARY");	staticpro  
(&QPRIMARY);
src/keyboard.c:371:Lisp_Object Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY, Qlazy;
src/keyboard.c:1803:		call2 (Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY,
src/keyboard.c:1806:		call2 (Qx_set_selection, QPRIMARY,
src/keyboard.c:11719:  QPRIMARY = intern_c_string ("PRIMARY");
src/keyboard.c:11720:  staticpro (&QPRIMARY);

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the  
entire catalogue.
		–  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide, 1897