Subject: bug#6863: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _QPRIMARY in nsselect.o and keyboard.o

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:22:33 +0200

Am 16.08.2010 um 10:10 schrieb Jan Djärv:

> I checked in a fix.

I'm not sure whether it's your fix – but compilation of the NS variant  
fails here:

gcc-4.2 -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/ 
Users/pete/Quellen/Emacs_CVS/emacs-24/src   -I/usr/X11/ 
include          -MMD -MF deps/nsselect.d  -Wimplicit-function- 
declaration -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno- 
pointer-sign  -g -H -Wno-pointer-sign -pipe -fPIC -fno-common - 
mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast  nsselect.m
. ./config.h
.. ./s/darwin.h
.. ./m/macppc.h
................ [902 more C header files omitted]
nsselect.m:40: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘<<’ token
nsselect.m:42: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘==’ token
nsselect.m:44: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘>>’ token
nsselect.m: In function ‘symbol_to_nsstring’:
nsselect.m:70: error: ‘QCLIPBOARD’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:70: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nsselect.m:70: error: for each function it appears in.)
nsselect.m:72: error: ‘QSECONDARY’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:73: error: ‘QTEXT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
nsselect.m: In function ‘ns_string_to_symbol’:
nsselect.m:82: error: ‘QCLIPBOARD’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:86: error: ‘QSECONDARY’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:88: error: ‘QTEXT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
nsselect.m:90: error: ‘QFILE_NAME’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m: In function ‘ns_handle_selection_request’:
nsselect.m:267: error: ‘Vns_sent_selection_hooks’ undeclared (first  
use in this function)
nsselect.m: In function ‘ns_string_from_pasteboard’:
nsselect.m:357: warning: ‘cString’ is deprecated (declared at /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSString.h:345)
nsselect.m:362: warning: ‘lossyCString’ is deprecated (declared at / 
System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSString.h:346)
nsselect.m: In function ‘Fx_selection_exists_p’:
nsselect.m:453: error: ‘QSECONDARY’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m: In function ‘Fx_selection_owner_p’:
nsselect.m:473: error: ‘QSECONDARY’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m: In function ‘syms_of_nsselect’:
nsselect.m:559: error: expected expression before ‘<<’ token
nsselect.m:560: error: ‘QCLIPBOARD’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:562: error: expected expression before ‘==’ token
nsselect.m:564: error: ‘QSECONDARY’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:565: error: ‘QTEXT’ undeclared (first use in this function)
nsselect.m:566: error: ‘QFILE_NAME’ undeclared (first use in this  
function)
nsselect.m:582: error: ‘Vns_sent_selection_hooks’ undeclared (first  
use in this function)
make[1]: *** [nsselect.o] Error 1

--
Greetings

   Pete

Think of XML as Lisp for COBOL programmers.
				- Tony-A (some guy on /.)