Subject: [bug#68623] [PATCH 0/6 rust-team] gnu: Add swww

From: Jaeme Sifat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 18:18:23 -0500

NOTE: This patchset is contingent on #68616 being merged. More specifically,
it requires a newer version of rust-clap-complete (^4.4). I just wanted to
send it on the mailing list in case I forget.

swww is a wayland wallpaper switcher daemon controlled at
runtime. Unfortunately, it seems like the program is dependent on systemd
being present as one of its dependencies is `rust-sd-notify' which at first
glance is a systemd contingent crate.

Fortunately, it can be used to some effect on foreign distros with systemd as
I was able to get sway to change backgrounds with it (except for the fact that
it's almost entirely unreliable). Perhaps someone else can test this on their
own foreign distro (or Guix System) and report back what works and what
doesn't.

If swww can't work on either systemd foreign distros and/or Guix System, then
feel free to just merge the library crates and skip swww.

Jaeme Sifat (6):
  gnu: Add rust-keyframe-1.
  gnu: Add rust-spin-sleep-1.
  gnu: Add rust-sd-notify-0.4.
  gnu: Add rust-resize-0.7.
  gnu: Add rust-fast-image-resize-2.
  gnu: Add swww.

 gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm | 91 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm       | 42 +++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/wm.scm              | 80 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 207 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: f66f3d77a6f06ebc20d8ef0a1b7b8f75bd6937fc
prerequisite-patch-id: 4d6385444ac07465b4d5b88f788bdb2dbdc04f15
prerequisite-patch-id: f2d9f4237bf8dd402e91ac44d820ea212c832a9b
prerequisite-patch-id: 04821ba2bd25fd6a16e271492b401c5f74148eef
prerequisite-patch-id: 74ab14d9859aa55cf1d0470b93aee256bd784f0c
prerequisite-patch-id: 386c6d4e8215c5a8620cc8b05701ff6c02abe12f
prerequisite-patch-id: 0543e020da8ae2ef932c5b6d2f3a5cc1a6edadbf
prerequisite-patch-id: a1c6b7f1d8db81c349d14ab2f63477381a643b74
prerequisite-patch-id: 896fac30b0c6c40f9dfd5ee2a03b3525050dfc7f
prerequisite-patch-id: 07cf5d026d2e0ad4e054d1a2baa3ed672213009b
prerequisite-patch-id: d47c484da42da2e2519c30d711154404380cc04b
prerequisite-patch-id: 38740ff9e728889abe513564007c5f2347504079
prerequisite-patch-id: d95d3807d989667bfd16b86fb85696d9267a07f1
prerequisite-patch-id: 3578206661da16706bcbcd7f5367e5efc15c7bb2
--
2.41.0