Subject: bug#6861: 24.0.50; Scroll lock not bound

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 19:47:50 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Could someone with access to a Windows machine please test this patch?
>
> I can, but I'm not sure I understand what you'd like to test.  With
> the default value of w32-scroll-lock-modifier your patch will
> definitely work; with w32-scroll-lock-modifier customized to some
> modifier, like 'super, it will certainly NOT work.

Got it.

> So I think we need to tell Windows users that this binding won't work
> if w32-scroll-lock-modifier was customized to a n on-nil value.  Any
> suggestions for where to document that?

I'm not so sure what would be a good place to do it.  For starters, I
can't find any reference to w32-scroll-lock-modifier in the manual,
and I'm not sure if that's on purpose.

To my mind, it would be enough to add it to the NEWS entry.
Alternatively, we could add a section on scroll-lock-mode to (info
"(emacs) Auto Scrolling") and document it there.  (Although I'm not
sure it makes sense given that w32-scroll-lock-modifier is not
mentioned anywhere else...)

WDYT?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas