Subject: bug#6861: 24.0.50; Scroll lock not bound

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:13:03 +0200

I tried using the Scroll Lock Key, and got an error telling me it is
unbound.  I figured out there was a library scroll-lock and loaded it.
The Scroll Lock Key still was unbound, though calling scroll-lock-mode
did what I would have expected to be on the scroll lock key.

I suggest putting an appropriate autoloaded default global key
definition on the Scroll Lock Key, since nothing is gained by not
binding it to something useful.  If a user happens to have his own
different definition, this will override the default anyway.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-07-12 on lola
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr/local/emacs' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-crossjumping -g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Scheme

Minor modes in effect:
  scroll-lock-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<Scroll_Lock> M-x l o a d - l i <tab> <return> s c 
r o <tab> <tab> l o <tab> <return> <Scroll_Lock> M-x 
s c r o <tab> <tab> l o c <tab> m o <tab> <return> 
<Scroll_Lock> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <up> M-x 
r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading scroll-lock...done
Making completion list...
Scroll-Lock mode enabled

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug scroll-lock ispell rect diff-mode semantic/tag-file
jka-compr semantic/tag-write semantic/bovine semantic/wisent/python
semantic/wisent/python-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/bovine/scm semantic/bovine/scm-by semantic/db-file cedet-files
semantic/bovine/c semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse
semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle semantic/format
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio mode-local cedet pp
url-mailto url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie gnus-dup dabbrev multi-isearch help-mode view
debug sendmail nndoc tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw tramp-gvfs zeroconf
url-util url-parse url-vars dbus xml tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp shell tramp-compat trampver browse-url
canlock sha1 hex-util newcomment gnus-fun gnus-kill qp sort gnus-cite
smiley ansi-color flow-fill mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
disp-table nnfolder parse-time timezone nnnil pop3 nnml nndraft nnmh
auth-source netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view smime password-cache
dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-mlspl gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
time-date gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs info sh-script executable dired-x dired-aux dired message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader vc-rcs
latexenc preview prv-emacs byte-opt warnings reftex-vcr reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars tex-bar toolbar-x noutline outline
font-latex bytecomp byte-compile latex easy-mmode edmacro kmacro
tex-style tex-buf tex-info texinfo tex meta-mode python-21 python
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs vc-git lilypond-mode compile comint regexp-opt ring easymenu
scheme package advice help-fns advice-preload desktop minibuf-eldef gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit
cus-start cus-load preview-latex tex-site auto-loads server tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
David Kastrup