Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/3] gnu: patchelf: Update to 0.18.0.

From: Roman Scherer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2025 11:24:01 +0100

Hi Andreas,

thanks for looking into this. Back in the day I was after the Java GDAL
bindings. I think I need a newer version of patchelf to run it on
aarch64. If this is not needed anymore, great.

I'm not using GDAL right now. If anyone else is still interested I can
try to get back to this old project and see if the Java bindings of my
patch still work later this week.

Wdyt?

Roman

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Roman,
>
> gdal has been updated to 3.8.2 around
>    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76736
> Apparently patchelf is not needed.
>
> What you like to get back to your patch series and see which parts of
> them you would like to apply? And maybe to which version you would like
> to update so that the depending packages still build?
>
> Andreas