Subject: allow user to see harbored smuggled fugitive LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK hiding in his files

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:05:36 +0800

Another half day delay to my project due to some stupid

             character: ‎ (8206, #o20016, #x200e)
     preferred charset: unicode (Unicode (ISO10646))
            code point: 0x200E
       name: LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK

And &%$#@ emacs cooperating with it to keep it hidden.

So how do I get it to show up?

Use the whitespace.el stuff.

Yeah well I read the whitespace.el stuff.

And it is way over my head and confusing.

All I want to do is make that D*MN LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK character show up,

without making a whole lot of other **** show up.

As you can see in http://jidanni.org/comp/configuration/.emacs I already
tried a whole lot of times before.

As you see I already use show-trailing-whitespace t, which I'm quite
happy with.

Now all that is needed is to make LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK show up.

I suppose for the rest of my life I will need to stare at a "WS" in the
modeline, just to catch this character.

OK, so be it. So how to make LEFT-TO-RIGHT MARK visible, without a whole
lot of other side effects?

Why can't I just assign some font symbol to it, a funny arrow or
something, so I can be aware of it lurking in my files?

Yes that is what I want. I don't want to use that whitespace jazz. I
want to be able to assign something I can see to it.

So I will send this to the enhancements request department.

I mean there can even be a symbol assigned to line wraps etc. which are
zero bytes big. Well there is this three byte big piece of s*it hiding
in my files with emacs in cahoots with the ethno-backwards writing
conspiracy to keep it hidden, with middle-east funding surely!