Subject: Re: bug#68582: 29.1; Emacs does not handle mailto requests

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 14:35:22 +0200

tags 68582 notabug wontfix
close 68582
thanks

> Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 12:16:20 +0000
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Christopher Yeleighton <[email-masked]>
> 
> C-x C-f /usr/share/applications/emacs-mail.desktop
> 
>  > MimeType=x-scheme-handler/mailto;

If you configure Emacs to outsource the email job, you should tell the
system Emacs cannot handle mailto requests.  The emacs-mail.desktop
file that comes with Emacs is not meant to be used in all possible
system configurations, it is just a useful template and example.  It
is the responsibility of the user or system admin to modify it when
the system is configured in a way that contradicts the assumptions in
emacs.desktop.

So I don't think this is an Emacs bug to fix, and I'm therefore
closing it.