Subject: Re: [bug#68577] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: icecat: Improve inheritance.

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 01:09:21 -0500

Hi Clément,

I see now that in November, you added 'torbrowser', which inherits from
'icecat-minimal'.

> commit 756ba0429e84ee0f8ce30484439b78c00c61d286
> Author: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
> Date:   Sun Nov 12 02:23:27 2023 +0100
> 
>     gnu: Add torbrowser.
>     
>     * gnu/packages/tor.scm (torbrowser): New variable.
>     (torbrowser-assets): New variable.
>     * gnu/packages/browser-extensions.scm (noscript): New variable.
>     (noscript/icecat): New variable.
>     
>     Co-authored-by: André Batista <[email-masked]>
>     Change-Id: I73dc53905e4a028108bb34aae07e44256cf16c85

Did you consult me on this change?  I don't remember seeing anything
about this in my mailbox.

This change concerns me, because it compels me to coordinate with you
when making nontrivial IceCat updates.  As things stand now, it seems
that the 'icecat' and 'torbrowser' packages must be updated together,
in lock step.

Also, do 'torbrowser' and 'mullvad' both comply with the requirements of
the GNU FSDG?  For example, do they support EME?  Do they steer the user
to nonfree software, e.g. nonfree addons.

      Thanks,
        Mark